from 18:00 to 18:40
As enterprises shift to the Digital Economy – an economy powered by cloud, mobile, social media, and big data technologies – development and operations teams have to build and maintain web, mobile, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications faster and faster, and at greater scale. Increasingly, these applications are how companies interact with customers, employees, partners, and products.
Today, enterprises in every industry from Internet to Retail to Services are leveraging NoSQL database technology for more agile development, reduced operational costs, and scalable operations. For many, the use of NoSQL started with a cache, proof of concept or small application, then expanded to targeted mission-critical applications. NoSQL has now become a foundation for modern web, mobile, and IoT application development.
NoSQL has a central role in the Big Data space, but NoSQL databases are not alone. It is increasingly important to understand the challenges of coexistence with other technologies, fundamentally relational databases, which are still predominant in the database arena.
This session will discuss this interaction with the relational world from several points of view:
• Why are organizations implementing NoSQL?
• Does it depend in the organization size?
• What is the relationship between digitization and adoption of NoSQL?
From here we descend to further study
• What kind of project is more appropriate to start with NoSQL?
• How should we design our data?
• How does access to the data impact in our design?
In the last part of the presentation we will see a demo of relational to noSQL migration. We will use a popular relational database as data input, and Couchbase as our NoSQL database.
During the demo we will address:
• Strategies data model transformation: how to implement the references in NoSQL? What about normalization? Should we build a normalized model? We will show several approaches
• Installing a Couchbase cluster
• Initial loading mechanisms - bulk loading
• Access to data from NoSQL with N1QL: native SQL for JSON
• Synchronization of original relational data and NoSQL: Kafka, Oracle Golden Gate.
• ETL and reporting tools
CouchbaseSolution Engineer at the EMEA team